Pick 90: Seahawks select Nico Siragusa, OG San Diego State
Siragusa is a name Seahawks fans should get used to hearing. It is entirely possible that Siragusa will be the pick at 58, and its not hard to see why. He is a near perfect mold in what Tom Cable looks for in his offensive lineman.
More from Seattle Seahawks
- Seattle Seahawks: To rest or not to rest, that is the question
- Seattle Seahawks: 12s still waiting to exhale
- Seattle Seahawks: 4 Takeaways from 26-23 Loss to the 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks: Four Takeaways from Week 14 21-7 victory
- Seattle Seahawks: Three Takeaways from the Week 13 43-16 victory
Siragusa tests above average in all measurements besides his 40-yard dash (who cares?) and has a run-blocking nastiness to his game. However; he is not a polished product at all.
So, why would Seattle want an athletic guard who needs refinement in all fundamentals of being an NFL lineman? Isn’t that Tom Cable’s dream?
The nice thing about drafting Siragusa this year is the Seattle Seahawks have added several veteran offensive lineman. The team could essentially red-shirt Siragusa in 2017, with the hope he can be a starter in 2018.