7. John Lynch does something crazy in his first NFL Draft
Speaking of the 9ers, new San Francisco General Manager and former color commentator John Lynch will take part in his first-ever NFL Draft tonight. Perhaps his lack of sleep and this face (see below) will push him over the edge of sanity. What if the Browns take Trubisky and Lynch, instead of taking Garrett, takes…. Deshaun Watson? He’s a wild card.
8. Someone’s mother will outdress their son
Last year the sons outdressed the moms, which is surprising. This year, the moms will come out in force to outdress their sons. What if the moms come together and decide not to let a midriff suit outdo them this year?
More from Emerald City Swagger
- Seattle Seahawks: To rest or not to rest, that is the question
- Washington State Football: What you need to know for 2018 Alamo Bowl
- Washington Basketball: 3 takeaways from Huskies win over Sacramento St.
- Seattle Seahawks: 12s still waiting to exhale
- Seattle Seahawks: 4 Takeaways from 26-23 Loss to the 49ers
9. Someone will trip crossing the stage
Those moments when an amateur becomes a professional are always awkward and the hats Roger Goodell gives out are always too small. This year, a rookie will not just stumble, but trip over nothing as he crosses the stage. I won’t wish injury on anyone, only embarrassment.
10. Between the moment you finish reading this and the first round is completed, a video of a player smoking weed will surface, costing said player millions of dollars
Last year, this honor went to Laremy Tunsil, who fell from a projected number one pick to 13th presumably because someone released a video of him smoking weed in college. In the end, Tunsil will likely earn a second deal after his rookie contract, being a decent offensive lineman, but that hacker cost him serious money. I won’t try to predict who will be caught taking an expensive bong rip in a dorm room, but those hackers are out there. My advice: don’t let people film you hitting a bong.
Remember to give us a shout on social media if any of these predictions come true. I want recognition for my other-worldly powers of foresight. @emeraldcityswag