3) What is the status of Jordan Morris?
For all the jubilation (and relief) surrounding the result, the Sounders didn’t emerge entirely unscathed. Nelson Valdez was substituted early in the second half, after suffering an injury.
More from Seattle Sounders
- Sounders’ struggles continue in loss to Sacramento
- Sounders: Has Clint Dempsey Played his Final Game for USMNT?
- Sounders Fight to Draw Against Former Coach
- Gold Cup Final Pits USMNT Against Unlikely Foe
- How International Duty Sparked Sounders Midfielder Cristian Roldan
However, even more concerning, was the fact Jordan Morris was removed from the game at half-time, with a strained hamstring. As Schmetzer told Pentz and the rest of the media: “It was a last-minute decision upon examination at halftime by our trainers – We just felt that he couldn’t go. Jordan felt that he couldn’t go.”
This now calls into doubt Morris’ availability for the U.S. Men’s national team for their crucial World Cup qualifier. Understandably though, Sounders’ fans will be more concerned about his health for the Western Conference Final with the Rapids.
Schmetzer said: “It’s really early (to tell how serious the injury is). He will be fully evaluated by our staff, by the U.S. staff, and we will go from there.
What were your main takeaways from an eventful night in Dallas? Moving forward, what are you predicting for the Sounders’ Western Conference Final against the Colorado Rapids? Let us know in the comments section below.