1) Sounders yet to win in Texas
It is often said that the more you talk about a problem, the more it can increase pressure on you to overcome that particular issue. While, there is some truth to this, it doesn’t change the fact the Sounders seem to have a mental block, when it comes to playing in Texas.
More from Seattle Sounders
- Sounders’ struggles continue in loss to Sacramento
- Sounders: Has Clint Dempsey Played his Final Game for USMNT?
- Sounders Fight to Draw Against Former Coach
- Gold Cup Final Pits USMNT Against Unlikely Foe
- How International Duty Sparked Sounders Midfielder Cristian Roldan
Ironically, with the game taking place at BBVA Compass Stadium, the word ‘compass’ seems somewhat appropriate, given the Sounders’ inability to locate a victory there. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist it.)
So far in six games there, Seattle has never won, losing three times and conceding 11 goals, while scoring just six. At least they can take some hope from the fact they’ve managed to come away with a point on their last two trips to Texas.
Regardless, they can expect another tough encounter in the heat, not helped by traveling and playing just three days after their emotional win against the Timbers. Additionally, keep in mind the Dynamo have only lost once at home this season, despite being at the bottom of the standings for the last few months.
Next: This player has raised his game