The fans at University of Phoenix Stadium will be treated to a game between the Seattle Seahawks and the Arizona Cardinals when they take their seats on Thursday.
Oddsmakers at this time have the Seahawks listed as 7-point favorites versus the Cardinals, while the game’s total has not yet been posted.
The Seahawks did lose their last two games in the desert and this match-up has trended to the home team with four sequential wins straight up and against the point spread.
I’m not drinking the Arizona Kool-Aid, but I do believe the ATS trend will carry on for the home team. The Seahawks 20-13 victory over the Titans is a little misleading.
Tennessee was outgained 404 to 223 by Seattle and not for a blown field goal attempt that resulted in a Titans TD this game would have been an easy cover for the Seahawks.
They now face the Cardinals who are 2-0 at home this season and did give the 49ers a game for the first 3+ quarters. It’s a short week. Seattle’s offensive line is still banged up with both tackles unlikely to be back for this.
Look for the Seahawks to pull out the win but it will be close.
A few trends to consider:
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Seattle’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Arizona
- Seattle is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Seattle’s last 9 games on the road
- Seattle is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Arizona’s last 9 games when playing at home against Seattle
- Arizona is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Seattle
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games