A collection of Seattle sports items from around the web.
– The NFL Gameday crew talks about the Seahawks and how they “out physicaled” the 49ers. – NFL.com
– A 49ers fan wrote into her local newspaper to log a complaint about the unfairness of the 12th Man and that the volume should be more appropriate for opposing teams to be able to operate. If the volume levels break a certain mark, the home team will forfeit all home games for the remainder of the regular and playoff seasons. – IMGUR (via Reddit)
– The Sounders have finally climbed to the very top of the MLS Power Rankings after beating the former #1 last week. – MLS.com
We bided our time as Seattle barely squeaked past a series of patsies. No longer – not after mowing down the previous No. 1. Sigi Schmid’s biggest issue right now is this: How can you sit Lamar Neagle for anyone after the month he’s had?
– News is coming out that the Eagles had a trade lined up for Colin Kaepernick but decided to not pull the trigger thinking they could draft Russell Wilson in that years draft. As we all know, the Eagles lost out on both. – SI.com
But the Eagles’ decision backfired when the Seattle Seahawks selected Wilson with the 12th pick in the third round, forcing Philadelphia to settle for current backup Nick Foles 13 picks later.
According to the report, the Eagles had “geared their whole draft around” Wilson, who led the Seahawks to the playoffs during a spectacular rookie season in 2012.
– Washington Huskies Junior running back, Bishop Sankey, leads all NCAA RB’s in yards per game by more than 20. – NCAA.com
– A look at 5 early predictions for the Mariners offseason – Bleacher Report